Every year around Earth Day we focus on the social, environmental and economic challenges facing our world today. At Office Essentials, we honor this time, and every week during the rest of the year, by celebrating our commitment to creating sustainable value for all Office Essentials customers.
Sustainability is inherent to the Office Essentials purpose. It’s central to our mission. We developed the SmartChoice program to partner with your company to craft a custom approach to the true essentials of business: saving time, cutting costs and reducing carbon. This allows us to have a positive impact on our local communities (St. Louis and Kansas City) and the world in which we all live.
In honor of Earth Day, I would like to share with you some of the milestones OE has achieved along our sustainability journey. These accomplishments have brought with them opportunities for us to learn, share and collaborate with other organizations and individuals who share a similar commitment to sustainability.
- We recycled over 81,000 pounds of waste from our customers last year.
- Three-time Winner of the St. Louis Green Business Challenge
- We partner with industry leaders in sustainability: HP, GOJO, HON, to name a few
- We recycle empty toner cartridges for our customers free of charge, keeping hundreds of cartridges a week out of landfills
- We champion green ideas and business practices like reusable packaging, reduced or consolidated deliveries and recycled office products
- We are dedicated to helping customers achieve their sustainability goals by continuously reviewing efforts to reduce waste and working with your employees to promote good habits!
As we look ahead, we will continue to hit milestones that deliver on all three domains of sustainability – social, environmental and economic. We look forward to sharing with you the progress we make on this journey. In the meantime, I invite you to not only learn more about our sustainable story but to also share your story with us as well.